"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."

E.B. White



Sunday, March 20, 2011

You Might Be a Coulter...

Quite possibly the best conversations and deepest laughs I've experienced in life have come while sitting around the table in Nanny & D-Dod's kitchen.  When you come to the table you never know where the conversation may go, but you do know you are going to leave all the wiser (and usually happier)!  This morning over Nanny's AMAZING spanish omelets the converstaion turned to my blog and Coulterisms.  So for those of you who know my family, I hope you will have as much fun reading this as we did writing it.  For those of you who are my family, this is for you... with LOVE!



YOU MIGHT BE A COULTER IF...

* You eat hot sauce three meals a day (and snack on it in between)
* You use lag bolts to hang an 8x10 frame
* You consider 50 guests a "small" gathering
* On vacation you beat the roosters up
* You were in Junior High before you realized you weren't a Mexican
* Your golf cart trailer meets hurricane standards
* Your milestones in life are: Age 8 - Be taller than Nanny, Age 10 - Be taller than Tiffany, Age 12 - Be taller than Turney
* You would pay more money and drive a further distance to a pickin' than any concert in the world
* Your weekly grocery list includes: jalapenos, tomatoes, onions, tortillas, cheese and red beans
* You are more excited to turn 14 than 16 (so you don't have to wear your life jacket on the boat)
* You have cable, the alternative is just more fun
* You don't hire outside help for anything
* All you need is a pinata to make any day a holiday
* You actually WANT to marry someone just like your Mom or Dad
* There is nowhere you would rather be than at the lake!

Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh.  -W.H. Auden





 

No comments:

Post a Comment